Thursday, December 6, 2012

happy thursday!

Yes it is a happy Thursday indeed! Remember those self portraits I had to take for my photo class? Well... I definitely had some complications, ran out of time, printed them last night and felt so depressed because I had failed all of my expectations of taking a great photo of myself. Pretty much taking self portraits is more difficult than you would think with a DSLR camera. So... I started ALL over again last night because yes, the deadline is TODAY. I made a little photo shoot in our shabby little home just to get the perfect self-portrait! It was quite the learning experience. I stayed up ALL night shooting and editing, and then working on other homework. Finished just in time to come to the photo lab at 8am and printed off my photos. I am VERY satisfied! I'm still figuring out Photoshop and Lightroom but I think I'm getting the hang of it. So here they are!
I was going for a sort of raw look with a modern and colorful twist. I think both of them express me pretty perfectly.

If you have any questions about the settings I used to take the photos and what editing I did then feel free to ask and I will surely answer your questions. Also, if you're wanting some pics taken I would love the experience and it will be super cheap for you, because I'm still just a baby in the photo world.



And now time for an embarrassing moment... This last week John and I were headed into the grocery store. For those rexburgians, you all know that these obnoxious people stand outside of broulims to try and get you to purchase a "starving student card." Well John and I spotted the obnoxious, so we decided to run to the entrance and avoid confrontation. John's foot caught on the rug in the entrance and lifted it up just enough to catch my foot and send me soaring through the air, gracefully falling to the floor into a double roll! It was super epic... and super embarrassing. We couldn't stop laughing! Unfortunately, neither could the other couple who witnessed the whole thing. Now I have a swollen knee and a pretty nasty rug burn as proof of my complete fail.
That's all for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...